Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Five Foods For Fabulous Hair!
Want gorgeous hair? Having a nutritious diet is important. Try eating more of these five foods to make sure that you are getting the nutrients you need for great hair!
1. Walnuts - These nuts are rich in biotin, a B vitamin that is essential for a healthy scalp and hair growth. Biotin deficiency can lead to hair loss. Walnuts are also a source of copper, an essential mineral that can help your hair maintain it's natural color as you age.
2. Blueberries- These delicious berries are high in vitamin C, which is critical for good circulation to your scalp, keeping hair follicles healthy, and preventing breakage.
Eat Groovy: Why Are Blueberries So Nutritious?
3. Eggs- Because hair is mostly protein, it makes sense that getting enough protein is important for great hair, and eggs are one of the best protein sources you can find. Eggs also contain iron. Getting enough iron is critical in helping to prevent hair loss.
4. Carrots- Carrots are a great source of beta carotene which your body converts to vitamin A. Getting enough Vitamin A is important for scalp health and can help to alleviate symptoms of dandruff.
Eat Groovy: 5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Carrots!
5. Oysters- Oysters are rich in zinc, a deficiency of which leads to hair loss. If oysters aren't your thing, try eating other zinc foods such as beef, wheat germ, and pumpkin seeds.