Wednesday, February 26, 2014

5 Things I Learned From The March 2014 Issue of Allure Magazine!



1) There's a beauty buzzword I'd never heard of called "stippel". It means "To tap on foundation, blush, or bronzer, in a series of dots. Inspired by the painting technique used by George Seurat."

2) I love making DIY face masks/scrubs and I'm always looking for new ones to try. Allure Beauty Blogger of the Year, Cara Brooks suggests a lemon face scrub. "Mix a tablespoon on lemon juice with a tablespoon of sugar. Scrub in circles, then wipe clean with a damp towel. You're skin will be so soft, you won't want to stop touching it. But do."

3) "When doing smokey eyes never, ever darken or square of the brows." I've been guilty of this for sure! Makeup artist Dempsey advises, "It's stripper-y against a bold eye and besides, I love pale brows with dramatic shadow." Note to self: Be a little gentler with the brow pencil!

4) "You can sneakily fake smoky eyes using a big, fat creamy pencil, like Maybelline New York Master Smoky by Eye Studio in Black Smoke or Rimmel London Scandaleys Eye Shadow Stick in Guilty Gray." Here's how: 1) Run it along your upper lash line a few times (two or three swipes usually does it) 2) Smudge the line up over your lid with a finger. Stop about halfway between the lash line and crease and don't go past the outer corner. 3) Finish with one more swipe along the lower lashes and a little more smudging

5) My brows tend to be a bit sparse by nature, so I'm definitely going to try this tip by cover girl (and one of my biggest fashion crushes!) Victoria Beckham. She uses Latisse, not only for her lashes, but also for her brows. "Maybe it's not for eyebrows," she concedes, "but I put it on my eyebrows." Hey, I say it's worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment