1. Apply lemon juice daily. Lemons are well known for their ability to lighten your skin. Make sure you use fresh lemon juice that is free of preservatives.
2. Make a face mask out of lime juice and plain organic yogurt. Leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing off. Lime juice will help fade dark spots and the yogurt will help to exfoliate and smooth skin and is also anti-bacterial and anti-fungal .
3. Apply castor oil. Castor oil can help even skin tone and has strong healing properties.
4. Apply vitamin E oil. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that can help to fade scars and discolorations. For best results use a natural form of the oil like the one below.
5. Rub a cold tomato on the dark spots. Tomatoes contain the powerful antioxidant lycopene.
6. Apply an onion and garlic juice mixture to your face. Leave on for about fifteen minutes and then wash off thoroughly. I've heard this can work but I must confess that personally I refuse to apply garlic to my skin because the smell drives me crazy!
7. Apply a milk and honey mixture. The milk acid can help to lighten dark spots and the antibacterial properties of honey can also help to prevent breakouts.
8. Apply hydrogen peroxide directly to the dark spots. It bleaches the top layer of skin.
9. Try aloe vera. This plant is well known for its skin healing properties.
10. Make a paste out of mashed strawberries and apricots. Apply and leave on skin for 15 minutes before washing off.
Hope you found these suggestions helpful!